Thursday, October 8, 2009

Google Voice

You have to request an invite from here:
https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/



I waited almost 6 weeks for my invite approval. However, once I got it, I was amazed at what was offered. Lots of options, in addition you are able to pick your own number.
I will be reporting back or this topic once I've reviewed all the features. However, in the US calls are free, SMS text messages are free.

Google, starts out by giving users a credit of $.10 for calls out of the United States.

You can forward you Google Voice number up to 6 phones with a special ring with call screening and caller id. Great if you have a small business.

However, Terms of Service is limited to 18+, but anyone with an email address can apply for an account, which means kids can live a obtain one.

This could be good, if you have family who does not live in the same area code. You can get a number from anywhere like their area code, so all call to you from them can be local.

If you are really creative, you can even search for numbers using "Key Word" search.


No comments:

Post a Comment